Poulton kitchen fire drama involving dishwasher

editorial image
Share this article

Blackpool firefighters tackled a kitchen blaze involving a dishwasher.

Two appliances from Blackpool fire station attended a fire in a domestic property in Hardhorn Way Poulton, on Thursday morning.

On arrival they found the kitchen heavily smoke logged.

Officers wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and a ventilation fan was use to clear the smoke from the property.

Firefighters said that on discovering the fire the female occupant of the property acted quickly and closed the door on the kitchen to limit the spread of the smoke.

She did not attempt to tackle the fire and left the property immediately and phoned the fire service.

On investigation it was found that the fire involved the dishwasher.