Firefighters attend flat fire

editorial image
Share this article
Have your say

Crews from two fire stations were called to a flat fire in North Shore today.

The incident happened around 9.30am at St Georges Court off Selbourne Road.

Crews from Blackpool and Bispham were called after a pan left on a hob overheated causing smoke damage to a flat, with one staff member taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.

Blackpool Fire Station watch manager Andrew Jones said: “A resident had gone out and left a pan unattended on the hob.

“It caused severe damaged to the kitchen, as well as substantial smoke logging to the flat and corridors.

“A member of staff attempted to extinguish the fire but he took in a bit of smoke and was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital for treatment.”

Crews used a hose reel to put out the fire, as well as ventilation units to clear the smoke.