Pensioner rescued from fire

Latest News
Latest News
Share this article
Have your say

A pensioner was taken to hospital suffering burns and smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a ground floor flat.

The 67-year-old had to be rescued from the property on Molyneux Drive, South Shore, by firefighters on Wednesday.

Emergency crews were called to the address at 9.20pm to reports of a fire in the ground floor flat.

Three engines, two from Blackpool fire station and one from South Shore fire station, attended the scene and an ambulance was called to take the man to Blackpool Victoria Hospital.

Crews worked for around an hour to bring the fire under control.

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.