A pensioner has lost his fight for life after a serious blaze at his home.
William Thompson, 75, was taken to hospital after flames tore through his home in North Albert Street, Fleetwood, in the early hours of Tuesday.
He suffered severe burns and smoke inhalation in the fire.
Despite receiving emergency treatment at Royal Preston Hospital, Mr Thompson died at 11.30pm on Tuesday.
Neighbours were left saddened and shocked by the news.
Andrea Bird, who lives next door with daughter Kate, was one of several neighbours who were temporarily evacuated from their homes at 2.30am.
She said: “I knew Bill was in a serious way and I was told he suffered 50 per cent burns, but it still comes as a shock.”