Pan left on cooker sparks 999 call-out

editorial image
Share this article
Have your say

Two fire crews from Blackpool were called out after a householder left a pan on the cooker hob and forgot about it.

The appliances raced to an address in Curzon Road, Poulton-le-Fylde at tea-time on Saturday.

Officers say that the blaze was already out when they arrived at the scene, but the house was filled with smoke.

The crews used a portable fan unit to clear the smoke from the premises. There were no casualties.