A family whose home was gutted in a massive fire have been reunited at last.
The Crossfield family were forced to split up to find accommodation after their London Road home went up in flames due to an electrical fault in their second-hand dryer in January.
Mum Glynis, 55, and son Daniel, 20, moved into Casey’s Irish Bar on Dickson Road during the wait for a new home, while dad David, 61, stayed with family in Wigan.
Now they are back together in their new home on Dinmore Avenue.
Glynis said: “We stayed at a friend’s house for four weeks and then moved to the bar.
“It has been a very stressful time but we’re all back in the house together.”
University of South Wales student Daniel was cleaning his bedroom in the living room when a huge fire broke out in the family’s back room on January 30.
David and Glynis, who were watching TV at the time, fled the house along with their 23-year-old son, also called David, but Daniel was trapped inside his bedroom by the smoke.
He took refuge near his bedroom window, where he was reassured by his family on the street below until fire crews arrived and rescued him.
Glynis said: “We lost everything in the fire. We’ve got some beds and a table and chairs, but we haven’t got a working mashing machine.
“It’s at least nice to be back together again.
“Daniel has been fine. He did feel a bit worried about using a dryer again.
“When we were at the hotel we were allowed to do our washing and they had a gas dryer where you turn it on and the flames come up, so he was a bit wary about that, but other than that we’ve been OK.”
Daniel, who is studying to become a sports coach, said: “Since the fire I have been focused on finding us a place to live so I fell behind at university.
“Now I’m free to focus on my work again.
“The house we have now is smaller than our old one, but because it’s just the three of us it’s the perfect size for us. It’s in a nice area, too.”