Minute’s silence for Tunisia terror attack victims

Flowers at the scene of the massacre in Sousse
Flowers at the scene of the massacre in Sousse
0
Have your say

A NATIONWIDE minute’s silence will be held at noon on Friday following the terrorist attack in Tunisia last week.

The Prime Minister David Cameron told the House of Commons today (June 29) an act of remembrance will take place one week on from the beach massacre that killed dozens of Britons.

This comes as suspected associates of the gunman have been arrested. Tunisia’s interior minister Najem Gharsalli said a “significant number” of individuals were detained.

Mr Cameron, who chaired a meeting of the Government’s Cobra emergencies committee at 10 Downing Street earlier, promised a “full spectrum response” to extremist terror.

Mr Cameron said the holidaymakers “suddenly became the victims of the most brutal terrorist attack against the British people for many years”.

It was announced that within the next few days there will be a major counter-terrorism training exercise in London.

He added that new rules will come into force this week giving public bodies a statutory duty to counter extremism.

The Foreign Office has updated its travel advice, but it is not advising against travel to holiday resorts like Sousse.