Man taken to hospital after flat fire

Latest news
Latest news
Share this article
Have your say

A man was taken to hospital in the early hours of this morning when a fire broke out in his kitchen.

The 39-year-old, from Waterloo Road, South Shore, had to be rescued by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus at 2.40am today.

He was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital and is still receiving treatment for smoke inhalation.

Two other people from a first floor loft bedroom escaped the fire without assistance.

Three fire engines, two from Blackpool and one from South Shore, spent 90 minutes tackling the blaze.

The groundfloor flat was severely damaged in the blaze and a number of other rooms were hit by smoke.

Steve Palmer, watch manager at South Shore, said: “He inhaled a lot of smoke.

“The man was taken away by paramedics and is still in Blackpool Victoria Hospital receiving treatment, but it’s not life threatening.

“We are still investigating how it started.”