Man taken to hospital after fire

editorial image
Share this article
Have your say

A man was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a grill pan overheated.

Firefighters from Blackpool and South Shore stations were called to the incident on Park Road, Blackpool, around midnight.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: “Two firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel and ventilation uniti to extinguish the fire.

“Firefighters rescued one male casualty who then received treatment from ambulance crews at the scene for the effects of smoke inhalation before being transferred to hospital.

“A quantity of food was destroyed by the fire and there was moderate smoke damage to the rest of the flat.”