Man taken to hospital and dogs rescued after kitchen fire in North Shore

A man was taken to hospital suffering with smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at his home in North Shore.

Tuesday, 26th June 2018, 3:04 pm
Updated Tuesday, 26th June 2018, 3:08 pm
Fire crews were called out after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a property on Claremont Road at around 11pm on Monday, June 25.

Fire crews were called out after a fire started in the kitchen of a property on Claremont Road at around 11pm on Monday, June 25.

Read More

Read More
Man accused of beating to death ‘vulnerable’ friend in drunken rage

Firefighters arrived to find a smoke logged property with two dogs still inside the property.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Crews wearing breathing apparatus immediately set about rescuing the animals.

A spokesman for the fire service said: "Two fire crews from Blackpool attended a domestic property fire involving a chip pan.

"The fire involved the cooker, pan and its contents which left the property heavily smoke logged by the time firefighters arrived.

"They used breathing apparatus, a ventilation unit and a tool kit to extinguish the fire.

"There was one casualty suffering the effects of smoke inhalation and firefighters were also able to safely rescue two dogs from the property.

"The man was taken to hospital for checks."

The man and the dogs are not believed to have suffered any serious injuries as a result of the fire.

Crews remained at the scene for around one-and-a-half hours.