Man taken to hospital after chip-pan fire

A man was taken to hospital after chip-pan he was using caught fire, say fire services.

Wednesday, 18th January 2017, 11:23 am
Updated Wednesday, 18th January 2017, 11:26 am
A man was taken to hospital following the incident

Two crews were called to the incident on Bowness Avenue in Mereside at around 11.30am on 17 January.

Firefighters arrived to find the blaze had already been put out.

A man was taken to hospital by ambulance for precautionary checks.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters used a portable fan unit to extract the smoke and fitted smoke alarms.

The extent of the man's injuries are unknown.