Man rescued from home after blaze

editorial image
Share this article
Have your say

A MAN was rescued from his home by firefighters following a kitchen blaze.

One crew from South Shore fire station was sent to Seathwaite Avenue in Mereside at 11.25 yesterday.

Two firefighters, who entered the flat wearing breathing apparatus, managed to rescue the man from the smoke-logged property.

He was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene.

The fire destroyed a pan and caused smoke damage to the remainder of the flat.

Firefighters used a ventilation unit to clear the smoke.