Man evacuated in Blackpool house fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A young man was evacuated from his home by firefighters after a fire broke out in his first-floor bedroom.

Firefighters from Bispham and Blackpool responded to a 999 call reporting a fire in a semi-detached house at Cliff Place, Blackpool, at around 9am.

Blackpool Fire Station watch manager Warren Topp said: “The neighbours were concerned with the smoke that was gathering in their roof. After attending them we went next door where we discovered the source of the fire.

“There was one occupant present and he was evacuated.”

Firefighters pitched a ladder for access to the fire, which was in an upstairs bedroom, and used a hosereel jet and a portable fan unit to extinguish the flames and extract the smoke.

There were no casualties.