Man burned in chip pan blaze

A man was treated for minor burns after a chip pan fire.

Tuesday, 8th August 2017, 9:56 pm
Updated Monday, 11th September 2017, 1:03 pm
Fire crews were called

The incident happened in Haven Road, Lytham at around 7.45pm on Tuesday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A Lancashire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "a chip pan on a cooker hob had been left unattended and the contents overheated and ignited.

"Two fire engines and crews, from Lytham and St Annes, responded to the 999 call and firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to extinguish the fire and a portable fan unit to extract the smoke and heat.

"The man living there had sustained superficial burns to his arms and firefighters gave first aid."