Kitchen fire at South Shore home

Fire crews were called to the incident
Fire crews were called to the incident

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a house in South Shore in the early hours of Sunday.

An engine and crew each from South Shore and Blackpool stations, equipped with breathing apparatus, used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire and a portable fan unit to extract the smoke and heat at the property in Marsden Road.

There were no casualties and the cause of the fire is to be established.