The investigation into the death of a Blackpool baby has been officially closed as the coroner decided not to re-open his inquest.
The inquest into the death of six-week-old Marshall Christie, who died of acute head injuries on March 15, 2017, was suspended while police investigated the tot’s death.
Marshall’s father, David Christie, of Wyre Grove, Blackpool, was found guilty of the murder of his son at Preston Crown Court last month.
He received a life sentence for the crime and must serve a minimum of 12 years.
At Blackpool Town Hall on Thursday, coroner Alan Wilson said that he was satisfied that the court had come to the correct conclusion, and decided not to resume the investigation.
He said: “It seems to me upon reading the documents that all of the relevant issues had been addressed during the course of the trial.
“Had I received responses from any of the interested persons about the inquest being necessary due to an issue they felt hadn’t been explored during the course of the trial, I would have given that due consideration.”