House badly damaged in fire

editorial image
Share this article
Have your say

A house in Collyhurst Avenue, Blackpool, has been left severely damaged after a bedroom fire.

A mum and her son noticed smoke coming from an upstairs bedroom at 11.45am on Saturday and found a well-developed fire had burned through a bedroom door.

They were able to evacuate unharmed, but firefighters were needed to rescue a dog from the kitchen.

Crews said two bedrooms were badly damaged by fire and heat and the rest of the house was smoke-logged.

It is thought the blaze started when a faulty appliance set fire to the bed.