Fleetwood fire: crews called after tumble dryer goes up in smoke

Lingfield Road in Fleetwood.
Lingfield Road in Fleetwood.
Share this article
Have your say

Firefighters were called on Monday at around 1pm to a tumble dryer fire at a house in Fleetwood.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue said two fire engines from Fleetwood and Bispham arrived at the property on Lingfield Road, where a tumble dryer in the kitchen had set on fire.

Crews used a hose reel, a ventilation unit, and a thermal imaging camera to help put out the fire.

READ MORE >>> Whirlpool launches recall of fire risk tumble dryers

The brand of the tumble dryer is not yet known.

Earlier this month, white goods manufacturer Whirlpool issued a high-profile product recall for a range of tumble dryers made by Hotpoint and other companies.

There were no injuries reported in the incident.