`

Flats evacuated after bedroom fire in Blackpool

Three appliances from Blackpool and Bispham were in attendance
Three appliances from Blackpool and Bispham were in attendance

A block of flats in Blackpool was evacuated after a blaze in a bedroom on Saturday.

Three crews from Blackpool and Bispham tackled the fire at a property on Clifford Road, North Shore, shortly after 3pm on Saturday, January 6.

No-one sustained any injuries as they had been alerted to the blaze by smoke alarms, the fire service said.

Adjacent properties were evacuated as a precaution although residents were allowed back in a short time after.

The cause of the fire - which started in a bedroom - is thought to have been accidental but an investigation is underway to establish the specific details.

A spokesperson for the Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said officers used a PPV fan, two hose reels and breathing equipment as they extinguished the flames.