Firefighters gave first aid to the occupant after a house blaze in Lytham.
Crews from St Annes and South Shore tackled the fire in the kitchen of a property in Blackpool Road North yesterday.
A fire brigade spokesman said later: "Crews administered oxygen therapy to one casualty."
The fire began as food was being cooked in the house.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the blaze and a ventilation fan to clear smoke from the premises.
Damage to the house was not thought to be severe.