Firefighters rescue householder from Blackpool home after kitchen fire breaks out

Firefighters rescued a householder from his home inSouth Shore after a fire broke out in his kitchen.
Firefighters rescued a householder from his home inSouth Shore after a fire broke out in his kitchen.
Share this article
0
Have your say

Firefighters rescued a householder from his home in Blackpool after a fire broke out in his kitchen.

Crews also rescued his dog from the house in Winton Avenue in the early hours of this morning.

The man was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

Crew manager Danila Breathnacht said: "We rescued a man from the upstairs bedroom window.

"It was a kitchen fire. He called himself from upstairs. He had no working smoke alarms.

"Just before we arrived we lost contact with him.

"We broke into the door to gain entry."

The fire took place at around 3.45am today.