Firefighters deal with two kitchen fires

Fire officers were called out to deal with two kitchen fires over the weekend.

Sunday, 13th August 2017, 5:57 pm
Updated Monday, 11th September 2017, 12:46 pm
It is believed the fire was started deliberately.
It is believed the fire was started deliberately.

The first was to a first floor flat on Orchard Road, St Annes, where a cooker hob was destryed when a wooden chopping board had been left on top of the cooker and a ring accidentally switched on.

The kitchen suffered extensive smoke damage during the incident at 5pm on Saturday.

During the second incident a chip pan caught fire at a flat in Queensway court, Kiln house Lane, St Annes.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The occupant of the flat had put a towel over the burning pan and left the building. The chip pan had been forgotten and the fire left the flat smoke damaged at 1.50pm on Sunday.

A fire brigade spokesman said: “A smoke alarm is the easiest way to alert you to the danger of fire, giving you and your family precious time to escape. Don’t leave chip pans unattended.”