Fire crews tackle grill pan fire

editorial image

Firefighters tackled a blaze in a Blackpool flat.

Two fire crews from Blackpool and one from Bispham were called at around 4.20pm to a fire at a flat at Claremont Court.

The male flat owner, who was already outside when crews arrived, had been cooking with a grill pan when the fire got out of control.

Two firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus entered the flat and extinguished the blaze before clearing the property with a ventilation fan.

The flat owner was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital for a check-up.