Firefighters dealt with a fascia board at The Gynway hotel in Dickson Road, North Shore, which became loose during high winds shortly after 9am today.
The board was deemed a hazard because it was hanging precariously over the pavement, so an aerial ladder platform was used to make it safe, a spokesman said.
Crews were also called to a house in Westmorland Avenue, central Blackpool, at around 9.25am, after neighbours smelled smoke.
Firefighters forced their way inside before tackling a fire to electric cables in the kitchen.
Nobody was home at the time, and crews had to use a jet to put out the flames. A fan was then used to extract the smoke.