Fire crews called to Marton kitchen fire

Fatty build-up in an oven caused a fire to break out in a Marton kitchen.

Friday, 4th May 2018, 2:13 pm
Updated Friday, 4th May 2018, 2:41 pm

Firefighters from Blackpool station were called to Stanley Park Close at 5.50pm yesterday. An oven in the ground-floor kitchen of a property had been switched on and had set alight due to a build-up of cooking fat.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The homeowner noticed the fire, switched the oven off and called 999.

Nobody was injured and no major damage was caused.