Feared hotel fire found to be a smoker on the second floor
Fears that a Blackpool hotel turned out to be someone smoking out of a second floor window.
Blackpool and South Shore crews were called to the Mount Mellory Hotel on Hull Road at around 6pm on April 22.
The caller who rang the fire service thought a fire had broke out on the second floor after seeing smoke coming out of a second floor window.
But when the crews arrived they found it to just be someone smoking a cigarette.
A South Shore fire station spokesman said: “It was literally nothing. We had a call from someone thinking a fire had started but it was just someone smoking from a second floor window.”