Family flee Poulton house fire

Latest News
Latest News
Have your say

Firefighters are urging residents to make sure their homes are safe after a fire broke out in Poulton.

Three adults and two young children were forced to flee their home on Westfield Avenue in the early hours of yesterday morning after a fire broke out under the floorboards of their living room.

Watch manager Ian Alder at Blackpool Fire Station said the fire was likely to have been caused by an electrical fault and a burst gas pipe.

He said the home had smoke alarms, but they were not working and the house’s electrics were in a bad state.

The fire caused heat and smoke damage to the lounge, and the house will be without gas or electricity for some time.

The family is being helped by the fire service support unit, run by the Red Cross.