Two stabbed in attack at Blackpool pub

The owner of the Talbot is said to be devastated by the incident
The owner of the Talbot is said to be devastated by the incident
Share this article

Two people were stabbed in a knife attack at a former Conservative Club in Blackpool, say police.

Emergency services were called to the Talbot on Milbourne Street at around 11.50pm on Saturday, April 21 following reports of a man with a knife.

Police say two alleged victims, a woman and a man, suffered knife wounds in the incident and were taken to hospital for treatment.

Another man, who has been arrested in connection with the incident, was also taken to hospital with injuries.

The owner of the club, Nick Lowe, has told the Gazette about the terrifying incident.

The fifty-two year old said: "I'm completely devastated and very distressed by this incident. Two of my long-term customers were attacked and this has really affected us all.

"A man came into the pub and was told to leave. He left the premises but came back later with a knife.

"Several of my customers were heading out towards Ma Kelly's and they were chased back down the road to the pub by the man.

"They ran back to the front door and some of them got back in. He was trying to get in and stabbed one of my female customers.

"He then ran around the club and stabbed one of my male customers seven times.

"I can't tell you how shocking this has been, it was completely unprovoked. We've never had anything like this here before, it was a completely one-off incident.

"I'm thinking about giving up the place. I've been really shaken up by it.

"Both of these customers have been coming here for more than five years and I wish them a very fast recovery.

"This has frightened a lot of our old members. Knife crime is a terrible thing.

Police say confirmed they were called to the incident.

A spokesman for the police said: "There had been a disturbance and as a result of that three people received injuries requiring hospital treatment.

"Two people received stab wounds.

"Their injuries are described as serious but not life-threatening at this stage.

"We are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident."

One man has been arrested in connection with the incident and remains in hospital.

The female victim has been released from hospital, the male victim continues to receive treatment.