Road closures in place near Lytham Primary School as fire crews tackle chimney fire
A number of roads are closed in Lytham this afternoon due to a chimney fire in Park View Road.
Fire crews were called to a home near Lytham Church of England Primary School at 12.35pm, after a log-burning stove caused a chimney to set on fire.
Two engines from Blackpool and St Annes responded and firefighters have contained the fire.
Due to the road being narrow, Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service have asked police to close a stretch of Park View Road.
A police spokesman said: "Due to a fire on Park View Road, Lytham, closures are in place on Ballam Road at the junction with Park View Road and Mythop Road at the junction with Park View Road.
"It is estimated the road will be closed for the next hour and a half."
A fire service spokesman said: "At 12.35pm fire engines from Blackpool, St Annes and Penwortham attended a fire on Park View Road, Lytham.
"The fire involved a wood-burning stove in a domestic property.
"Firefighters used a 13.5 metre (44ft) ladder, a nimbus nozzle and thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire."