REVEALED: What inmates in Kirkham prison will be tucking into on Christmas Day
This year's Christmas dinner for HMP Kirkham has been revealed.
The special menus, published on gov.uk and on offer at facilities across England, vary slightly from prison to prison, but most offer up to four different lunch options to inmates.
Kirkham inmates have the choice of.......
• Roast turkey/ trimmings• Roast beef /Yorkshire puddings• Salmon and Dill En croute• Halal Chicken leg/ trimmings• Roast and Boiled potatoes• Carrots/ sprouts• Glazed parsnips• Gravy• Christmas Pudding and white sauce
Meanwhile, inmates at other prisons around Lancashire will have the choice of.......
• Roast Turkey with Trimmings• Halal Roasted chicken breast and leg with trimmings• Sliced roast beef with Yorkshire pudding x 2• Mushroom and pepper bake• Salmon fillet in a herb cream sauce• Roast potato• Boiled potato• Mixed vegetables• Xmas pudding and white sauce
HMP Lancaster Farms
• Tomato & Basil• Homemade Soup• Roast Turkey& Roast Ham
• Stuffing balls & sausage & Bacon Rolls
• Halal ½ Roast Chicken with Stuffing & Yorkshire Pudding
• Garlic Mushroom Lattice
• Served with Roast & New Potatoes• Brussels Sprouts & Garden Peas & Carrots• Christmas Pudding & White sauce
• Sliced roast turkey with chipolata sausage, stuffing, Cranberry sauce & gravy
• Halal chicken Tikka masla with boiled rice & mixed salad
• Breaded fish cake x 2
• Vegan peppered steak Cranberry sauce & gravy
All apart from choice B accompanied with Brussels sprouts, sliced carrots, boiled potatoes & roast potatoes
• Christmas pudding and vanilla sauce
• Home made Cherry and coconut lattice & soya milk vanilla sauce
• Mushroom & Spinach Wellington
• Salmon & Broccoli Pasta Bake
• Roast Turkey With Chipolata, Stuffing Slice & Gravy
• Halal Chicken Korma (Chicken Breast) With Rice
• Roast Potatoes, Sprouts, Carrots
• Xmas Pudding & White Sauce
• Roast Turkey &Stuffing (Normal Diet)• Bacon & Sausage Roll
• Nut Roast Sliced (Vegan)
• Cranberry & stuffing roll (vegetarian)
• Lamb Curry & Rice (Halal)• Roast & parsley potatoes• Brussel sprouts & Carrots• Roast Gravy
• Christmas Pudding & white Vanilla Sauce
The Prison Service said the festive menus were prepared at no extra cost as they were funded out of existing catering budgets.