Man used web cam to carry out sex acts

Preston Crown Court
Preston Crown Court
Have your say

A man who used a webcam to carry out sex acts in the presence of two young girls over the internet has been put behind bars for more than three years.

Matthew Clifton carried out sex acts via a webcam twice and he got a third girl to touch him under his clothing, having met up with her in Bispham.

Preston Crown Court heard that he had tried to have relationships with the girls, despite being warned by the father of one of the girls, his own father andthe police as well.

The 20-year-old of Hodder Avenue, Fleetwood, has been sentenced to a total of three years and four months youth custody.

He had pleaded guilty to two charges of engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child, plus one of sexual activity with a child.

The case involved two girls aged 13 and 14 and the court heard Clifton used social media site Facebook to contact them.

Jeremy Grout-Smith, prosecuting, said a 14-year- old girl had initially given the defendant a peck on the cheek. He went on to meet her at a local park and they hugged and kissed.

She told him she would not do anything sexual. Her father was concerned and tried to warn him off.

She went on to be sent to a relative’s address in another town, but they remained in contact via Facebook. The girl took a photo of herself in a bra.

He showed himself naked and performing a sex act over the internet. A relative of the girl walked in on some of what took place.

Another girl was 13 and they got to know each other on Facebook. He exposed himself to her on camera.

Janet Ironfield, defending, told the court that Clifton had personality disorders.

Judge Pamela Badley told him: “Even though you were not forcing any of them that doesn’t mean it is right.”

He was told that he will be on the sex offenders register indefinitely and subject to a sexual offences prevention order.

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.