Living room goes up in smoke in Blackpool home

The scene at Powell Avenue.
The scene at Powell Avenue.
Share this article
0
Have your say

A living room at a house in South Shore has been set alight, firefighters said.

Two crews from South Shore and Forest Gate put out the fire, which involved a sofa in the living room, at the house in Powell Avenue, South Shore at midday.

While the flames were doused quickly, firefighters had to ventilate the property to clear the smoke.

READ MORE >>> Fatal Blackpool flat fire believed to have been caused by ‘an accident’

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that no one was injured in the incident.

Firefighters were at the scene for around one hour and 20 minutes.