Living room goes up in smoke in Blackpool home

A living room at a house in South Shore has been set alight, firefighters said.

Monday, 16th September 2019, 4:20 pm
The scene at Powell Avenue.
The scene at Powell Avenue.

Two crews from South Shore and Forest Gate put out the fire, which involved a sofa in the living room, at the house in Powell Avenue, South Shore at midday.

While the flames were doused quickly, firefighters had to ventilate the property to clear the smoke.

Read More

Read More
READ MORE >>> Fatal Blackpool flat fire believed to have been caused by ‘an acci...

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The scene at Powell Avenue.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that no one was injured in the incident.

Firefighters were at the scene for around one hour and 20 minutes.