Four people and two dogs were rescued after a flat fire in Blackpool.
The incident happened around 11.30pm last night in Central Drive.
A fire had started under a stair case to the rear of the property.
The people inside the flat tried to escape by smashing a window to the front of the building and walking out onto a ledge.
A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: “We were called out around 11.30pm to a building fire.
“The rear of the property was well alight underneath the staircase.
“The occupants of the property tried to escape and broke a window at the front.
“When fire crews arrived the people were on the front of the ledge. They were rescued using a ladder and the fire put out fairly quickly.
“The fire is being treated as suspicious and police and fire investigations will continue today.”
Three crews from Blackpool and South Shore Fire Stations attended the incident, with no injuries reported.