A 14-year-old boy today admitted the manslaughter of a Blackpool man on New Year’s Day.
Paul Walker, 52, was found lying unconscious in the early hours of January 1 on Sutton Place and later died in hospital.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to unlawful killing when he appeared at Preston Crown Court today.
Julie Taylor, defending, said he had been encouragement by two young men to punch the victim.
The boy, who sat behind his lawyer during the hearing, will be sentenced next month.
He was remanded to local authority accommodation while the youth offending team compiles a report to be considered by the court,
You have now pleaded guilty to a serious offence.Judge Anthony Russell QC
Judge Anthony Russell QC told him “You have now pleaded guilty to a serious offence.
“You should be under no illusions that for an offence of manslaughter the first type of sentence the court considers is a custodial sentence, notwithstanding your age.”
The boy is due to be sentenced at Preston Crown Court on April 10.