Blackpool: From the courts 27-03-16

Blackpool magistrates court
Blackpool magistrates court

Here is the latest round-up of some of the cases at Blackpool Magistrates Court.

READ MORE: Monday's round-up of cases at Blackpool Magistrates Court 26-03-18

Omar Camara, 38, voyeurism and assault

A hospital dementia support worker has been cleared of being a sexual voyeur.

Omar Camara, 38, had been charged with obtaining gratification by filming himself having sexwith a primary school teacher.

Camara, of Egerton Road,North Shore, was also found not guilty of assaulting the 32-year-old woman.

Following a two day trial, Camara was acquitted.

The magistrates believed his story that the woman had agreed she could be filmed by Camara at her flat during consensual sex.

Camara, who works at Blackpool Victoria Hospital and as a bar doorman at weekends, pleaded not guilty to voyeurism and the allegation of assault which prosecutor Jim Mowbray alleged had taken place when a row broke out after the woman returned from a night out at 6.30 am.

Mr Mowbray alleged Camara had threatened to put the explicit video clips on the Internet after his former partner had sent s mutual friend details of medication he was on.

Giving evidence, Camara said: “We had discussed filming our sex, she had consented to everything. She was fully aware of the filming as long as it was private.”

Gavin Johnson, 37, harassment, assault

A man is accused of electronically stalking his former girlfriend by sending her more than 2,000 texts.

Gavin Johnson is also alleged to have grabbed his ex by the neck and squeezed until she almost lost consciousness and punched her in the mouth.

Gavin Johnson, a 37-year-old bar worker, of Osborne Avenue, South Shore, pleaded not guilty to harassment by sending his former girlfriend texts Facebook messages and phone calls between January 25 and March 22.

He also denies two offences of assaulting his ex.

Johnson was bailed for trial.

Joshua Griffiths, 20, failing to comply with a suspended sentence

A roofer failed to do unpaid work for the community because he could not get a day off.

Joshua Griffiths, 20, of Ariel Way, Fleetwood, pleaded guilty to failing to comply with a suspended prison sentence.

He was sentenced to a four week curfew from 10pm to 5am and ordered to pay £60 costs.

Cheryl Crawford, prosecuting for the probation service, said Griffiths had been sentenced to 12 weeks jail, suspended for 12 months and ordered to do 100 hours payback work for an offence of drug driving.

Between January 27 and February 19, he failed to attend to do his unpaid work for the community.

It was his second breach of the order and for the first breach a further 20 hours payback work had been added.

Out of the total of 120 hours he had completed 35 hours 45 minutes.

Steven Townley, defending, said his client worked as a roofer for a firm in a team of three and it was difficult for him to take a day off.

Griffiths had done his best to complete the hours, even taking a week’s holiday when he could do more payback work.

Thomas Henderson, 45, assault

A man has appeared at court via the videolink and pleaded guilty to assaulting a female police officer at Blackpool.

Thomas Henderson, 45, of no fixed address, also pleaded not guilty to two offences of assaulting his wife.

Henderson was remanded in custody until April 5.

Boy, 17, assault

A teenager accused of multiple attacks on his girlfriend and causing damage has appeared at court.

The 17-year-old boy from Blackpool, who can not be identified for legal reasons, faces three charges of assaulting his girlfriend between February 24 and March 11.

He is also alleged to have threatened to put bricks through the windows of his girlfriend’s home, egg her friend’s home and key her auntie’s car on March 21.

The teenager is further charged with causing damage valued at £57 to a cell door belonging to Lancashire police.

The teenager was bailed to the resort’s youth court.

Steven Oglesby, 42, breach of a restraining order

A man has appeared at court over the videolink accused of repeatedly illegally contacting his former girlfriend in Blackpool.

Steven Oglesby, 42, of Denewood Crescent, Billsborough, Nottingham, pleaded not guilty to four offences of breaching a restraining order by contacting his ex between December 1 and Christmas Day.

He was bailed to June 21 for trial.