Blackpool: From the courts 13-06-18

Here is the latest round-up of some of the cases at Blackpool Magistrates Court.

READ MORE: Tuesday's round-up of cases at Blackpool Magistrates Court 12-06-18

Blackpool Magistrates Court

Blackpool Magistrates Court

Adam Wileman , 29, assault

A man who took his girlfriend’s work bag to annoy her triggered off a row in which he pushed her to the ground.

Adam Wileman, a father-of-three, 29, of Ribble Road, Fleetwood, pleaded guilty to assault.

He was sentenced to a 12 months community order with up to 25 days rehabilitation to be supervised by the probation service and fined £50 with £85 costs plus £85 victims’ surcharge by District Judge Jeff Brailsford sitting at Blackpool Magistrates’ Court.

The court was told that on May 16 Wileman and his partner argued. He then took her work bag to annoy her and she ended up chasing him through a Fleetwood park.

Once back home Wileman tried to lock his partner out. He then pushed her to the ground outside and she suffered a bruised thigh and elbow.

In a report to the court, probation officer Lesley Whittaker, said Wileman suffered from anxiety, depression and anger management issues. He said he and his partner frequently had rows about petty things.

Stephen Duffy, defending, said his client had no previous convictions.

The couple intended getting back together.

Scott Hadfield, 29, damage

An argument in the bathroom between a couple led to a man knocking a cabinet off the wall.

Scott Hadfield, a 29-year-old customer experience assistant, of Repton Avenue, North Shore, pleaded guilty to causing damage.

He was given a 12 months conditional discharge and ordered to pay £85 costs with £20 victims’ surcharge.

Prosecutor, Adrian Hollamby, said Hadfield and his partner had an altercation on May 4.

During this Hadfield knocked a cabinet off the bathroom wall and it landed in the bath.

Hugh Pond, defending, said his client had no previous convictions and Hadfield’s partner had not made a complaint to police.

Hadfield had replaced the cabinet at his expense and the couple were still together.

Stephen Ferris, 42, breaching a criminal behaviour order and using threatening behaviour.

A street menace has been jailed for 18 weeks and when he was taken to the he shouted at magistrates:” I will kill myself.”

Stephen Ferris, 42, of Church Street, Blackpool admitted breaching a criminal behaviour order and using threatening behaviour.

Pam Smith,prosecuting, said Ferris was also in breach of a suspended jail sentence.

His latest arrest took place when he was stopped by Blackpool Council street wardens.Ferris became agitated and started swearing at them.

Patrick Nelligan, defending, said “He became agitated because he was surrounded by about six of these officers and he felt humiliated by them when they started to film him.

This man has health problems and urgently requires treatment for a liver problem.”

Barry Buckley, 35, assault

A Blackpool man claimed he had been treated “like a terrorist” when police were called to a takeaway.

Barry Buckley was causing a problem in the food outlet on Talbot Road when police were called in.

Buckley, of Caunce Street, admitted assault a police officer.He also admitted a bail act offence.

Sarah Perkins , prosecuting, said: “When the police arrived Buckley became aggressive and at one stage kicked out at an officer’s leg.” Steven Townley, defending, said :”My client has had mental health problems and has been in a very poor state.

“However he maintains he was treated like a terrorist by police who took him to the floor and sat on him.”

The court ordered a pre sentence report on Buckley to be prepared by probation.

He was bailed.

Laura Townsend, 40, theft

A woman caught with stolen meat said: “I must be the world’s worst shoplifter.”

Laura Townsend had failed to notice one of the packs of meat she had taken had a security tag on and when she left the supermarket the alarm went off.

She was chased and detained by staff and during the ensuing struggle threatened to bite one of the male shop workers.

Townsend, 40, formerly of Heaton Street, Blackburn, now living in Furness Avenue, Grange Park, pleaded guilty to theft and being in breach of a conditional discharge imposed for shoplifting.

She was sentenced to an 18 months conditional discharge and ordered to pay £20 victims’ surcharge.

Townsend had stolen because she had no money and was drug dependant.

She was now under the care of rehabilitation specialists and no longer using street drugs.