Blackpool: From the courts 09-10-17

Blackpool Magistrates' Court
Blackpool Magistrates' Court

Here is the latest round-up of some of the cases at Blackpool Magistrates Court.

Here is Friday’s round-up of cases at Blackpool Magistrates Court 06-10-17

Gary Marshall, 51, incitement to rape

A man has made his first appearance at court charged with using an internet message board to incite another man to rape a nine-year- old girl.

Gary Marshall, 51, of Burnside, Fleetwood, was remanded in custody and sent for trial at Preston Crown Court where he will appear on October 18.

Marshall is also accused of sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 13 in Cleveleys.He also faces two allegations of making indecent images of children and two offences of distributing indecent images of children.

Casandra Woodfield, 28, theft

A woman who used a huge amount of heroin a day said she had been forced to commit crimes by a man she owed money to for drugs.

Casandra Woodfield, who was described as using 12 to 13 bags of heroin a day, said the man had sent her out to steal, locked her in a flat and taken her bank cards from her.

Woodfield, 28, of Westmorland Avenue, Blackpool, pleaded guilty to three offences of theft.

She was sentenced to a 12-month community order with up to 35 days rehabilitation to be supervised by the probation service, put on nine-month drugs rehabilitation, fined £25 and ordered to pay £295 compensation.

Prosecutor, Pam Smith, said Woodfield stole two bottles of whisky valued at £50 from Sainsbury’s on June 29, and the same day stole DVD box sets costing £95 from HMV.

She also stole meat costing £200 for Marks and Spencer on September 2.

She told police she had committed the crimes to pay off a drugs debt because a man was threatening her.

In a report to the court, probation officer Brian Weatherington, said Woodfield had told him she was using 12 to 13 bags of heroin a day - both smoking the drug and injecting it.

She said she had been homeless and a man gave her accommodation and then made her commit crimes and do things she did not want to do.

Jordan McQuinn, 20, breach of bail.

A man stepped out of his shower to find a woman in his home who he was banned from contacting.

Police then started knocking on Jordan McQuinn’s door and arrested him for seeing her illegally.

McQuinn, 20, of St Heliers Road, South Shore pleaded guilty to breaching a condition of his bail.

Magistrates agreed to rebail him.

Prosecutor, Pam Smith, said McQuinn had previously been bailed on the conditions he did not contact a girlfriend and lived and slept at the Kendal address.

On October 3 at 6pm, after receiving information, police went to Quinn’s St Heliers Road address.

Officers saw Quinn’s girlfriend inside in front of the door and she was blocking their entrance.

She eventually agreed to move and McQuinn answered the door.

On October 3 he was at his Blackpool home taking a shower when his girlfriend let herself in.

Ms Mugford added: “When he came out of the shower she was sat there and the police were knocking at the door.”

Matthew Brown, 27, taking a car without consent, drink-driving and no insurance

A father-of-one was caught driving a car which had been stolen from a pensioner’s home.

Matthew Brown, who was over the alcohol limit at the time, told police he had found the car abandoned in Garstang with the keys inside.

Brown, 27, of Gryersdale Drive, Bowgreave, Preston, pleaded guilty to taking a car without consent and driving it with excess alcohol without insurance.

Prosecutor, Pam Smith, said a pensioner’s car keys were taken from a trinket box inside his home at Pilling in July and his Nissan Almera was driven off.

A report about the stolen motor was circulated to police and on September 12 about noon police saw Brown driving the car on Mains Lane, Singleton, and stopped him.

A breath test showed 41 micrograms of alcohol in his body – 35 is the limit.

Mitch Sarangi, defending, said his client had played no part in originally taking the car from the pensioner’s home.

Brown had found the car abandoned near a friend’s home in Garstang and agreed to give the friend a lift in it.

He had been drinking the night before and did not think he was over the limit when he drove.

Brown had his case adjourned for pre-sentence reports.