Blackpool fire crews tackle cooker fire in deserted flat

A cooker fire in an empty flat prompted an emergency call out, firefighters said.

Friday, 16th August 2019, 11:30 am
Homfield Road, North Shore.

Two fire engines from Bispham and Blackpool were called to a uninhabited flat on Holmfield Road, close to the Queen's Promenade, North Shore, in Blackpool at 5am today.

Crews said the fire involved a faulty electric cooker inside the flat, and disconnected it from the electricity supply to make it safe.

Read More

Read More
READ MORE >>> Blackpool mum of killer jailed for giving her son a false alibi

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Homfield Road, North Shore.

No injuries were reported.