Crews extinguish Blackpool cooker hob fire

editorial image

Fire crews have extinguished a kitchen fire caused by an unattended cooker hob.

Blackpool and South Shore fire crews were called to the fire at 5.40am after a pan had been left on a cooker hob unattended.

The incident happened on Livingstone Road in Blackpool.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: "Two fire engines and crews, from Blackpool and South Shore, were assigned to a fire at which a pan had been left on a cooker hob, igniting the contents and generating smoke.

"There were no casualties and firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to put the fire out."