Crews called after fire at repair shop

editorial image
Share this article
Have your say

Crews from Fleetwood, Bispham and Blackpool were called to a fire at a car body repair shop.

The incident happened around 11am after a spray booth system overheated at Star Bodies in Copse Road, Fleetwood.

Fleetwood watch manager Alastair McLean said: “There was a fire in the spray booth.

“The heating system is used to cure the paint on cars and help it dry. There had been a fault which ignited filters inside the spray booth, got into the extraction system and caused damage.

“There was a vehicle in the booth at the time, with some damage caused too.

“We went with four engines to the scene – we managed to put it out fairly quickly, it took around 30 minutes.

“Workers had tried to put the fire out themselves. Fortunately no-one was injured.”