Thick smoke filled the air after a garage unit close to Blackpool Airport caught fire on Thursday afternoon.
Three fire engines were sent to tackle the blaze, which broke out just off Squires Gate Lane at 3pm.
Nearby resident David Butterworth, of Hill Cross Road, said he was shocked to see the smoke pouring from the building.
The 50-year-old added: “I was just doing a job at our house when I saw black smoke rushing out.
“I came out because I wondered what was on fire – it could have been a lot worse.
“I thought there might an explosion but I didn’t hear anything.”
Ash Makin, 21, of Hornsey Avenue, said: “They keep oil and cars and everything in there and the firefighters were carrying things out.
“We could just see masses of smoke and thought it was a bonfire or something.”
It is thought flames from a nearby fire, caused by someone burning wood, were blown by strong winds into the building, where a car and quad bike were inside.
Crews used two jets to put out the flames, which caused damage to the building and the two vehicles inside.
Nobody is believed to have been hurt.