Candle sparked 999 call after smoke spotted inside home

Firefighters from Blackpool and South Shore stations were called to a home in Rough Heys Lane this morning (Pic: Google)
Firefighters from Blackpool and South Shore stations were called to a home in Rough Heys Lane this morning (Pic: Google)
0
Have your say

Fire crews were called to a house in Rough Heys Lane, Marton, at 2.45am today after smoke was spotted inside, the Lancashire Fire and Rescue service said.

“The fire involved a candle which was smouldering in a glass vase,” a spokesman said.

The home’s occupants had fled to safety after being alerted by smoke alarms, he added.

The living room suffered light smoke damage. Nobody was hurt.