TOWN hall bosses have pledged no decision will be made to demolish the former Syndicate until all the options have been considered.
Bosses have agreed to meet with campaigners who are battling to save the venue on Church Street.
Blackpool Council has bid to buy the defunct nightclub for £635,000.
It wants to demolish the building and use the site for a car park in the short term, with the project costing £1.3m in total which will be borrowed.
But a campaign has been launched to save the building, which originally housed the historic ABC theatre.
Among the suggestions is that it could be converted into a museum of entertainment.
A meeting has been organised for 6.30pm on Monday January 14 at Nellie Deans on the Promenade.
Coun Graham Cain, cabinet member for tourism and culture in Blackpool Council, said: “Over the Christmas period we’ve been aware of the public feeling towards the former Syndicate building and the various groups which have been established to save it from demolition.
“I am more than happy to meet with interested parties and funders to discuss their ideas for its future use. One meeting has already been set for someone to show us their proposals.
“I want to reassure residents this council is willing to listen to their views and a decision won’t be made until we’ve considered all the options put forward.”
Blackpool businessman Stephen Brennan, who is spearheading the campaign, said they had been overwhelmed with the response from the public.
He added: “So far about 280 people have said they are coming to the public meeting.
“We will be giving an overview of the history of the building, why the building has got to where it is now, the future from the council point of view and the alternatives.
“Then we will be getting the public response and seeing what they want to do.”
The former ABC played host to entertainment stars including The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and Morecambe and Wise before beginning operating as a cinema, and then opening in 2002 as the Syndicate nightclub which closed in August 2011.