Blackpool Tower needs your votes to take its place as the eighth wonder of the world.
The seafront attraction is pitted against 299 of the globe’s most famous landmarks.
But bosses are hopeful that the Blackpool holiday fun enjoyed by millions of Brits will hold the Victorian icon – opened in 1894 – in good stead.
General manager Kate Shane said: “This is such a huge honour for The Blackpool Tower and I really hope the public gets behind us and votes.
“For the past 119 years it has been helping to create fantastic memories for visitors from across the globe and it’s those memories I hope will inspire the public to vote for us.”
Voting is now running until September 30 at www.virtualtourist.com/8thwonder in the search which has been organised by website VirtualTourist.
Some of the 299 rivals for the title:
• The 12 Apostles, Australia
• The Empire State Building, New York
• Old Town Dubrovnik, Croatia
• Aerial Lift Bridge, Minnesota
• Alhambra Palace, Granada
• Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia
• Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire
• Bristol Motor Speedway, Tennessee
• Fountains of Bellagio, Las Vegas
• The Rows, Chester