Burning fan sets off monoxide detector

Firefighters from Blackpool headed to a house in Poulton on Friday after a burning fan set off a carbon monoxide detector.

Monday, 25th September 2017, 1:24 pm
Updated Wednesday, 27th September 2017, 11:39 am
The Crescent, Poulton

Two fire engines were called to The Crescent, Poulton, at around 3.38am after a lighting transformer in a kitchen ceiling void began to burn, activating the detector in the room.

The householders shut off electricity and evacuated the building before calling 999.

Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to extinguish the fire and a thermal imaging camera to ensure there flames had not spread further.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A portable fan unit was used to extract the smoke.

Nobody was injured.