Blaze drama at Blackpool bar

Fire at Ma Kellys, Dickson Road/Talbot Road corner, Blackpool
Fire at Ma Kellys, Dickson Road/Talbot Road corner, Blackpool
0
Have your say

A BLACKPOOL bar had to be evacuated after a fire broke out in the cellar.

Crews from Blackpool and Bispham were called to the incident at Ma Kelly’s on Talbot Road at around 4pm yesterday.

Firefighters used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel and three appliances to tackle the flames.

The fire – which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault – was brought under control.

Fire crews described the damage as “moderate smoke damage to basement nightclub decor.”

Nobody was injured in the incident.

On Ma Kelly’s bar’s Facebook web page an announcement said: “Due to an electrical fault Ma Kellys Station will be closed tonight.

“(We are) open tomorrow (Thursday) at 11.00am.”