Anger over mess left at two sites
Residents in the Bispham and Norbreck areas are angry after two sites were left in an unsightly mess by travellers.
The group of travellers moved onto the two areas of land, firstly at Moor Park in Bispham and then on Warren Drive in Norbreck, before being moved on last week.
At Moor Park, it was feared they had chopped down trees after piles of branches were left scattered across the park.
Over at Warren Drive, cardboard boxes and rubbish have been seen on the land vacated by the group.
Coun Maxine Callow, who represents Norbreck ward, said: “I have been told by some of the residents that the site has been left a mess and they are fed up with it.
“This is why people living nearby have concerns. We need fences up to stop this happening again.”
At Moor Park, meanwhile, the piles of branches appear to be the result of work carried out by the travellers at local homes and then dumped in the park.
The issue was discussed at a meeting of the North Blackpool Pond Trail Group on Tuesday night, attended by ward councillors.
Blackpool Council, which obtained direction to leave orders to enable officers to move the travellers on from both sites last week, has been clearing up the site.
Coun Amy Cross, Ingthorpe ward councillor, said: “I am aware of the residents’ concerns. These trees have been pruned or felled elsewhere and then dumped at Moor Park.
“I can reassure local residents that the actual trees at Moor Park haven’t been damaged. Council staff have spent the last two days clearing away the waste dumped.”