Dive in to the history of the Fylde coast’s lost swimming pools

Fleetwood Open Air Baths which was opened in 1925 and replaced in 1974 by the present indoor pool on the same site.
Fleetwood Open Air Baths which was opened in 1925 and replaced in 1974 by the present indoor pool on the same site.
Share this article

They were once so popular, hundreds queued outside to get in and enjoy splashing around.

But over the course of the last century, the Fylde’s swimming pools began to be used less. We look at some of the area’s lost baths, no longer in existence.