Four fire engines respond to a fire at the McColl's on Central Drive

Share this article
0
Have your say

Firefighters were called to Central Drive to put out a fire inside the convenience store.

Fire engines from St Anne’s, Bispham, and South Shore attended the scene, where an electrical fault in a fridge unit caused a small fire.

Firerighters were called to McColl's on Central Drive.

Firerighters were called to McColl's on Central Drive.

Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used one hose reel to extinguish the fire, and a ventilation unit to help clear the smoke which had built up inside the shop.

READ MORE >>> Blackpool fire sends black smoke billowing into the sky

While damage to the building is thought to be very minimal, McColl's is closed so a clean up can take place.

It will be open again tomorrow as usual.